The CoAxe Engine is an Internationally patented design with specific advantages:
- Perfect balance by design (including drive torque moments)
- Up to 16% increase in propulsive efficiency (contra-rotating props)
- Multiple fuels including Jet A (leaded AVGAS being phased out)
- Ultra low vibration (all opposing forces equal and opposite)
- Reduced weight, increased payload (no transmission for coaxial drive necessary)
- Competitive pricing (reduced moving parts, cost-effective manufacture)
- Improved fuel economy (opposed piston Diesels historically highly efficient)
- Greatly reduced fire hazard (exhaust manifold 350 degrees C cooler)
- No electromagnetic interference (single throttle Diesel operation)
- Low noise level (a result of opposed piston porting)
A new approach to aviation and marine propulsion:
"This unique engine concept is in several aspects superior to conventional piston engine configurations and bears a high potential for engine applications where compact design, high efficiency, good emission levels and smoothness in engine run are essential and production cost is not the major decision criteria.
Although the development challenges in terms of mechanical durability and manufacturability are significant, I am convinced that modern tools to support engine development and advances in manufacturing technology will make these development challenges surpassable.
Therefore I fully support CoAxe in their pursuit to realise this remarkable engine and wish them all the luck and success on their way."
Head of Engine Design
AVL SCHRICK GmbH
Register Interest / How To Invest